Monday, May 20, 2013

Haleigh Shea Thompson!

A few weeks ago my entire family make the five hour drive down to Lubbock for my cousin Haleigh's wedding.



The festivities started with the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner on Friday April 19th. The rehearsal dinner was held at a windmill museum in Lubbock. My family had a blast looking at all the incredible windmills, taking in the sights, catching up and laughing, but of course there was one thing missing on this incredible occasion...and that was my papa. He loved windmills. I remember going to visit him when he was a principal at Hyer Elementary and Highland park. His office was always full of windmill decorations and I had so much fun exploring each and every single one of them. He would have really enjoyed that windmill museum. Being surrounded by windmills and all of my amazing family members really made me feel as though he was there with us in spirit.







We had a blast at the rehearsal dinner and enjoyed some delish BBQ before heading back to the hotel to celebrate with the bridal party. I just love spending time with my incredible cousins. We had so much fun being together. We all instantly become giggle boxes when we get around one another and reminisce about our younger years.



Of course I was carefully tracking Logan's game on night (#milbGFprobz) and when he went in to pitch the last inning of a super close game you better believe I whipped my iPad out at the hotel bar to watch him! No shame at all! Haha I have found it is just as stressful to watch the game on tv as it is to be there. Luckily Logan did awesome and led the Rainiers to victory!




 The last single girl kiss!
Haleigh's bridesmaid luncheon was put on by her aunts... and man does she have some awesome aunts! It was just beautiful and the food was incredible. They used china from each of Haleigh's grandmas (Net Net, Grandma Fran and Granny) and they wrote the most precious poem about it. Although Net Net and Grandma Fran weren't there physically it certainly felt like they were there with us and watching from above as we enjoyed all of Hal's wedding festivities.





Bridesmaids!


All of the cousins!
Me and Rei had a BALL doing everyone's hair and make up for the wedding. It turned out perfect and I have to say Hal had one of the best looking bridal parties that I have ever seen. Her day went off without a hitch (well it was a little windy) but at the end of the day the wedding was just perfect and beautiful and EVERYONE had a blast!



No comments:

Post a Comment